August 6 – August 16, 2018
West Side Story
The Brott Music Festival offers a 10 day (August 6th – 16th 2018) paid mentorship program dedicated to highly talented emerging musical theatre performers, providing the opportunity and experience of performing with a full symphony orchestra. The program is based in Hamilton, Ontario and offers:
- Paid honorarium depending upon the role.
- Performance opportunity to perform in FirstOntario Concert Hall (formerly Hamilton Place), one of North America’s greatest concert halls
- Coaching and training from some of today’s top industry professionals
THIS THEATRE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM IS OPEN TO QUALITY PERFORMERS OF PUERTO RICAN/HISPANIC ETHNICITY FOR THE APPROPRIATE WEST SIDE STORY ROLES.
The program offers the opportunity to be a part of the Canadian premiere of a full orchestra Concert Version of Leonard Bernstein’s Broadway hit West Side Story with the National Academy Orchestra of Canada under the baton of internationally recognized conductor Maestro Brott on August 16th, 2018
Intensive rehearsals and coaching begins on August 6th and will occur daily, time and place TBA.
All singers should be of the highest professional standard with their assigned roles memorized upon arrival August 6th.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity…APPLY NOW!
EVERYONE IS GUARANTEED AN AUDITION
Email Paul Hawkins at [email protected] for an audition request which should include:
- An online sound or video clips/links or DVD attached. Your video clips/links or DVD example should include a West Side Story excerpt and one additional selection of your choice showing your vocal range.
- A resumé and headshot.
- Your full contact information including e mail address and best contact number.
EMAIL AUDITION REQUEST DEADLINE: May 19, 2018
Following May 19th, we will inform all auditionees in a timely manner.
A live Final Audition may be required on June 3, 2018 location TBA for which we will provide a pianist.
For questions contact:
Paul Hawkins [email protected] or 905-525-7664