Join Brott Music
We would love to have you join our wonderful teams of amazing artists, orchestral musicians, conductors, singers, volunteers and staff at Brott Music! Check out the amazing opportunties below.
The deadline for live auditions is February 3rd, 2023. For recorded auditions, March 17th, 2023.Each year, the NAO holds auditions for 41 paid orchestral and conductor positions. If you are:
- Between 18-35 years of age.
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Currently studying music at University level or its equivalent or are a recent music graduate from same.
- Excited to receive real life rehearsal and performance experience, attend seminars and masterclasses.
- Willing to attend program June-August in greater Hamilton, Ontario.
Visit the NAO
Applications for the 2023 NAO are now closed.
Stay tuned for this fall’s announcement of 2024 NAO auditions.
The deadline for live auditions will be February 2024 and March 2024 for recorded auditionsProceed
2021 BrottOpera Auditions are currently closed. Stay tuned for 2022 program details.
Each year, BrottOpera holds auditions for paid principal opera cast and performers for one PopOpera and one fully staged opera with orchestra.
If you are:
- An emerging professional opera singer of any age.
- Ready to take on roles and perform them with full symphony orchestra.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
Visit our BrottOpera page for more information and to apply online.
The Brott Music Festival offers volunteers the opportunity to actively participate in one of the largest classical music festivals in the province, while having fun and helping to create an enjoyable event for everyone.
Volunteering is a great way to experience the excitement of the Festival first-hand, meet new people and give back to the community.
There are numerous challenging and rewarding volunteer opportunities year-round, including:
- Ushering at concerts.
- Providing administrative and clerical support in the office.
- Assisting with special fundraising events
- Staffing tables in the lobby (i.e. merchandise, marketing).
- Distributing flyers and brochures.