Join Brott Music
We would love to have you join our wonderful teams of amazing artists, orchestral musicians, conductors, singers, volunteers and staff at Brott Music! Check out the amazing opportunties below.
We are currently accepting applications to the 2024 National Academy Orchestra of Canada.
All auditions will be held by online submissions. The deadline for all recorded auditions has been extended to February 22nd, 2024 at 11:59 pm.
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- 18-30 years of age.
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Currently studying music at University level or its equivalent or are a recent music graduate.
- Excited to receive real life rehearsal and performance experience, attend seminars and masterclasses.
- Willing to attend program June-August in greater Hamilton, Ontario.
Each year, BrottOpera holds live auditions across Canada for paid principal opera cast and performers for one Opera Excerpts in Concert and one fully staged opera – both performances with orchestra.
You are eligible if you are:
- An emerging professional opera singer of any age.
- Ready to take on roles and perform them with full symphony orchestra.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
Visit our BrottOpera page for more information and to apply online. If you indicate where you would like to audition, we will then contact you at a later date to book a live audition. Applications are due by January 09, 2024. Auditions will be held in late January and/or early February.
The Brott Music Festival offers volunteers the opportunity to actively participate in one of the largest classical music festivals in the province, while having fun and helping to create an enjoyable event for everyone.
Volunteering is a great way to experience the excitement of the Festival first-hand, meet new people and give back to the community.
There are numerous challenging and rewarding volunteer opportunities year-round, including:
- Ushering at concerts.
- Providing administrative and clerical support in the office.
- Assisting with special fundraising events
- Staffing tables in the lobby (i.e. merchandise, marketing).
- Distributing flyers and brochures.