Artistic Assistant & Box Office Administrator
You might be a professional musician with a passion for all things administrative and keeping organized! Or you might be a highly efficient administrator or office clerk who happens to be able to read music! Either way, you will have an inquisitive mind, be honest and have an appreciation of the arts and humanities.
This unique position combines musical and digital knowledge skills:
- Individual will manage box office orders and process tickets through Ticket Window system, balance cash, provide relevant reports and reconciliations to Finance Manager
- Manage the schedules and day-to-day administrative requirements of two leaders of a highly regarded artistic organization in Hamilton, ON
- Complete general office work, filing, scheduling, ordering supplies and other tasks as requested.
- Catalogue conductors’ scores and other music as required both digitally and manually
- Manage mail lists, including patron database, specialized email lists
- Oversee Education concert attendance and communications with teachers, educators, homeschoolers and providing literature to same
- Liaise with all other staff, including music librarian, finance manager, marketing and development offices to ensure optimal customer experience
- Liaise with University archive department in housing and providing archival documentation
The successful candidate will:
- Have completed a post-secondary diploma or degree in any field, with special consideration to business, administrative and music courses OR 2-5 years experience
- Know how to read music, with special consideration to score reading
- Have some experience with cataloguing documents, both manually and digitally
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite excellent computer skills and be prepared to learn on the job
- Be comfortable dealing with the public, possess strong communication skills, be enthusiastic, flexible, willing to follow instructions, be a team player
- Have ability to work in a fast-paced artistic environment
- Proven cash-handling skills and experience with computerized sales POS system
- Be willing to commit to occasional evening and weekend work
- Knowledge of digital platforms such as VIMEO, social media, WordPress is not essential but would be considered a definite asset.
- Interested candidates should possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is a definite asset.
Salary range – commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: March 5, 2021
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. We regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted but would like to thank each and every applicant for your interest in our organization. Interviews will be conducted with in person (with all social distancing protocol in place) or via Zoom application.
The 34th Brott Music Festival is an annual music festival in the Hamilton and Burlington area. It is renowned throughout Canada for its high artistic standards and quality and innovation of its programming. It is the largest orchestral festival of its kind in the country. Its training programs include the National Academy Orchestra of Canada and BrottOpera Emerging Artists Programs. www.brottmusic.com